Friday, October 31, 2008

Week 9, Thing 22

For this exercise, I decided to check out Tumblebooks since I have never checked it out before. At first, I was frustrated but then I actually started to enjoy exploring. I ended up looking at a Spanish book called "La Estacion De Los Bomberos" just to see how well I could understand it since I'm taking a Spanish class. I realized I have a long way to go to understanding Spanish, but that I do understand a little. I think that Tumblebooks is a good resource for parents to know about and also for us to know about. Since our remodel at Sorensen, we have had some complaints that our children's computers don't have the games that they had before we closed. In particular, we don't have as many read-along Arthur books. From now on, if a patron wants a read-along book I will refer them to Tumblebooks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya the games server doesn't work on the new computers saddly.