Thursday, October 2, 2008

Week 5, Thing 11

I've known about Library Thing for awhile. I've even attended a lecture on Library Thing while at the Youth Services Retreat in Ashland. In fact, I think I actually had an account a long time ago, but I couldn't remember which email I used and what my password was so I had to create a new one. I found the sign-up process very easy and not confusing at all. I think that Library Thing is a really neat tool to utilize at home or for a library that serves the public, but you definitely have to have time to mess around with it. On one hand, I guess you could not spend alot of time and make it very simple, but you could also get very involved and very detailed. For me, I could get very detailed with my personal collection at home if I had the time because I have hundreds of books, dvds, and VHS tapes on my bookshelves. I just picked a couple of books out for this exercise though just to play around with Library Thing and experiment a little. The following link is to my library. For some reason, it won't link by clicking on it, but you can cut and paste it and then go to my library.

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=khoefer0284&shelf=list

No comments: