Thursday, October 16, 2008

Week 7, Thing 16

I've taken a training class on wikis and now I've read about them for this week and I have to admit that I'm still confused. Wikis are something that I feel you really need to know what you are doing to be able to utilize. I've honestly never played around with wikis before and have been kind of leary of them because anyone can change a wiki and how do you know if the information in the wiki is correct? Anyway, I really liked the "Book Lovers Wiki" which was developed by the Princeton Public Library for their 2006 Summer Reading Club. I think that this was a really neat way to keep track of what they were reading for the Summer Reading Club. I thought the reviews were nice to have at hand, and I wish that they had continued to add reviews to this wiki.

No comments: