Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Day in the Life of Kris

Most people know at the library that I'm getting married next year in April. I've got alot accomplished, but it seems neverending sometimes. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago my finacè & I signed up for marriage counseling. He had to make the call since I was at work at Sorensen unpacking books. He wrote down on our marker board "September 8th @ 9am". So Sunday night, we were watching a movie and I told him to set the alarm for 8am. The next morning I woke up, looked at the alarm clock, and freaked out b/c the clock said 8:51! So we jumped out of bed, threw some clothes on and, rushed out the door. Somehow we ended up in two separate cars with him thinking I was going with him and me thinking he was going to hop in my car. So we each took off in our cars, trying to make it there as soon as possible and probably breaking some speed limits along the way. In traffic, we got separated and arrived at the church at different times. I looked around for him and couldn't find him. I then tried his cell phone and it was turned off. By this time, I was seriously freaking out thinking, "OMG! We're late to marriage counseling on our first day! This is not a good way to start out!" I finally found Tony and we headed into church only to find out that mass was going on at that time. We sat outside waiting for mass to be done and hoping that we weren't supposed to attend it. Mass got over at 9:30am and we finally got to talk to Fr. Pat who was going to be counseling us. Here we were sitting there nervous b/c we were late, when Fr. Pat tells us that we weren't even supposed to start until 9:30 anyway. So we ended up not being late after all. I guess that goes to show you that not everything is as bad as it might seem at first and that you should wait awhile before you freak out!

1 comment:

Polyurethane said...

Your life sounds exciting.