Friday, September 26, 2008

#8 RSS Feeds

I have to start out by saying that I'm still confused about RSS feeds even after reading about them and trying some out. I think that it is a good idea for us to learn about RSS feeds and that once we do learn more, it will help save time so that we don't have to check multiple sites. RSS feeds could help people who work at the library to keep up on new and current library information. The discovery exercises for this week were a little confusing, but I stumbled on through them. I liked how the sign-up for bloglines.com was very easy. Once I created my account, I subscribed to 2 different RSS Feeds. I subscribed to Unshelved and Library of Congress "New on the Web". I've always liked Unshelved comics becaue I find them extremely funny, and I thought that the Library of Congress feed would be interesting to be subscribed too because it will help me keep up with new things. After I subscribed to these two feeds, I couldn't find where I went after I subscribed to them. I thought that they would be on my bloglines.com account, but they ended up being in my favorites tab. After I figured this out, I subscribed to Tim's (Insert Blog Title Here) and Suzan's "Suzan Sorensen". Both Tim & Suzan work at Sorensen with me so I figured it was probably a good idea to see what they were blogging about.

No comments: